Jun 20, 2005

Eating Habits

Apparently, Goldfalcon is a finicky eater. I usually agree with him on most things but this time, he's gone too far. He states that no one in their right mind should eat pulled pork barbeque with coleslaw in it, and discounts completely all beef barbeque. He also doesn't seem to respect people of the opinion that sometimes, ketchup or "special sauce" is a requirement for burgers. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Goldfalcon is a great guy and a great milblogger, but he's a bit mislead. Go by his site and see just how mislead he is on this whole food ordeal.


Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a picky eater. I will eat just about anything put in front of me(excluding spiders and scorpions and a couple other bugs), and usually with great zeal. I've been reprimanded many a time for eating my food too fast, or too loudly, or even too messily, you see I use the shovel technique. Put as much as will fit in my mouth as quickly as possible, chew, swallow, and repeat. And did I mention I love to eat? No, really, I love to eat. Food is almost a drug to me. Put a big plate of popcorn shrimp, hush puppies, fried clams, and french fries, and I guarantee you I will finish it all and savor every bite. But my eating habits make it difficult, no, darn near impossible for me to hold a lengthy conversation while eating. You can talk to me before I start or after, but not in between. Many times I have been asked a question in mid-chew and had to make my interviewer stop his conversation to wait for me to finish chewing. Most times I'll just nod my head or mumble "mmmhhhmm" or "uh-uh." Very intellectual, I know, but I can't be smart all the time, and while I commit acts of gluttony are not necessarily my smartest moments. You're just gonna have to trust me on all this.

<< Home