Sep 5, 2005

I'm back

I'm back. Sorry for the long absence, I've been rather sick lately and it just drained all my energy. Also, the worst of it hit me on Friday, the day of our annual Blue & Gold game. So I had to play rough & tough football while sick. But I had fun, and did pretty well. I seem to be getting better, so I should be ready for school tommorrow.


Oh, by the way, I'm starting school tommorrow. Guess what else? I'm going to be a Senior. Woohoo! I'm starting my final year in High School. Time sure does fly. I remember when I was a Freshman starting high school, not but three years ago. And i remember leaving the hellhole that was my middle school only three months before that. High School jas been a great experience for me. I have reconnected with old friends and I joined the football team, which was one of the best things I have ever done with my life. This is my final year in High School and possibly my final season playing football. So I'm going to make the most of it, because in 180 short days, I'm going to be out. In 180 short days I'm going to be on my own. i'm going to be done with school, hopefully headed to college and NROTC, or maybe even the Academy, but I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch. I might even have to fall back on Plan C, which is to enlist and go Special Forces or Force Recon. But there are much worse things than serving your country.


So tommorrow, I'm going to wake up early, eat breakfast, freshen up, and catch a ride to school with my friend. I really enjoy riding to school with my friend. It's a great way to start the day. But that's a story for another day. Right now, i'm going to bid y'all buenos noches. Oh, before I leave, the folks down in Louisiana and Mississippi need our help. I ask you to do what you can, even if it just means sending a prayer their way. They need all the help we can give them. If you want to send aid, I suggest starting with the American Red Cross.

<< Home