May 12, 2005

Guess What? Yup, even more blogginess

I don't have much to say today so I think I'm gonna do some more linking and take a look at whats going on in the world and provide my two cents on the subject matter. Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions of who I could create a donation account for. I don't particularly want to put ads on this site because I think they are annoying and I feel they will ruin the site. I have no idea what to do. Comment if you have a suggestion, please. But I digress, so let's get to the blogging shall we?


First up is Blackfive with an interesting post about the impact of milbloggers on history. It seems that the MilBlogosphere is providing an historical account of history and warfare, much like the letters and journals of soldiers in the past. He also has also compiled a list of worthwhile MilBloggers. YOu can find it HERE.


This is really cool! Anybody who has ever wondered what we do in Civil AIr Patrol can now play the video game. Hat Tip to CAP Blog for this story. A software company has created an add-on to MS FLight Simulator that will allow the player to fly in about five aircraft in the CAP fleet, and will be able to perform over 15 real-world missions. This will make a great training and recruitment tool. Also, it looks like it will be a lot of fun to play. Also from CAP BLog is a story about a Cessna C-150 that was forced down after flying over the White House. That must have been pretty scary to see a flight of F-16s and a UH-60 flying towards you on a flight lesson. Also, it seems that Neptunus Lex is going to sea again. I'd like to wish him a good trip and hope he gets back safe. He's steaming out on an Amphib. It sounds like fun.


Here's another story about MilBloggers courtesy of Air Force Voices. It appears that all the war protesters have descended upon San Diego to support the deserters Kevin Benderman and Pablo Paredes. Hat Tip to Lt. Smash for the story. I can't believe why anyone could possibly want to support a bunch of no good deserters who are just a bunch of sissies. I would support these individuals had they gone through the proper channels to become conscientious objectors but to desert and then complain that you don't support this war, is just childish. They knew when they enlisted that they would be forced to go to war and follow orders, if they didn't like that then they shouldn't have enlisted.


Ma Deuce Gunner has an interesting post about the boredom of warfare. Well, I wish him the best and hope that something good happens to sort of break up the boredom. There's an interesting post on Going Down Range about the ceremony for a Romanian Soldier. It is very interesting. Also, everyone needs to go check out The Gun Line. I guess that's all the news that's fit to print for the moment around here. Catch y'all later.

<< Home