Apr 24, 2005

On The Passage Of Time

Been doing some mor eof that thinking business that I've been known to do, and I am absolutely perplexed by how fast time can fly by. I never thought I would be getting ready for college and the rest of my life this soon. I found myself signing up for the SAT II subject tests today and realized that it was only about three years ago that I was getting out of the hellhole of Middle School and getting ready to go into the vast, new environs of Birmingham. In a year I will be getting ready to hopefully move on to Annapolis. And then four years after that, if all goes according to plan, I'll be moving down to Pensacola for flight training. The years have gone by way to fast for me. I wish I could have more time to enjoy with my friends before we all part ways and go off on the grand adventures that our lives will take. I wish I could have more time to play high school 'ball, but alas I know that not to be the case. I also know that whining about my problems won't solve them, so I just have to go with the flow, even if it drags me kicking and screaming.


But this puts my life in perspective, because I know that life will pass and eventually down the road here I'll have to retire and embark on another stage of my life. I will have to leave the things I'm doing now to the next generation. And not long after that I will pass from the earth into the loving arms of God, leaving behind my family and friends. I guess what it all boils down to is that life is what you make it. You can choose to enjoy it or bitch and moan about it, or you could multitask and do both. But whatever you do, you must enjoy the time you have, because you never know when it'll be your time.

<< Home