Apr 23, 2005

Football Update

I thought I'd give you all a little update of how the Birmingham Patriots 2005 Season is going so far. Right now it appears that I will be playing both ways as a nose guard on defense and guard or tackle on offense. I will probably also be starting, which is pretty cool. I am currently 5' 11" and weigh 220 pounds, an improvement to say the least. I can squat 331 pounds, bench 190, clean 190, and can run 200 meters in 26 seconds. I also am realyy ripped, it's cool. It's taken a lot of hard work to get here and it will take even more to get where I want to be. But I can do it. It looks like we'll have a decent shot at going back to the LA City Championship again this year and we're all working hard for it.


But I'm amazed at how fast time has flown by. I remember when I was just a small Freshman coming in to high school. Small, timid, and I didn't really know anybody. I also remember that first day of football in the summer before my Sophomore year. I quickly fell in love with the game. It became my passion and I started working hard to be the best I could be. I remember my first game on the Varsity team. When I think about it I still get cold chills down my spine and butterflies in my stomach. I am simply amazed at how incredibly fast the time has flown by. I never thought I'd be where I am this quickly, and it is a little overwhelming.


I look forward to the first game this season. It's gonna be a big one. I can already hear the fans in the stands. I can smell the burgers on the grill over at the snack bar, and the sweat from my pads and helmet. I can already feel the weight of the gear on my shoulders and how it fits perfectly to my body. I can already feel the gloves on my hands and see the blue and gold jersey on my torso; a big number 75 on it. I can hear the groans and cussing of my teammates, eager to go out and whoop some ass. I can also feel the butterflies. Go Patriots!

<< Home