Feb 17, 2006

First Bloggiversary

I've been a tad busy lately and haven't had much to blog about. "No!" You say, absolutely incredulous that I couldn't possibly have posted recently. 'Tis true though dear reader, 'tis true. But I just realized that today is my first bloggiversary. Yeah, so I've been around this here internet for a whole year now. Wow, time sure does fly.


A whole year ago I was cruising along happily after spending the previous fall winning the 2004 Los Angeles City Section Championship. I was still naive enough to think that the Naval Academy would be busting down doors to get their hands on me. Boy was I wrong! I was also still dreaming of starting my senior season. I was wrong about that, too. I also thought that I was invincible. And, you guessed it, I got that one wrong. Let's just say I got a lot of stuff wrong in my youthful optimism. But not despair, a lot of stuff I got right.


I've been accepted to The Citadel, and both VMI and Virginia Tech are very interested in having attend their schools. The Academy is still in the equation and I still stand a particularly good chance of getting in. I have earned the General Billy Mitchell Award in Civil Air Patrol, a very large accomplishment. I finished my senior season as the Practice Player of the Year and a huge part of the team. I am also popular, I mean like "rockstar" popular. Yeah, I'm a big man on campus.


It's been a pretty good year. I'm excited about what this year will bring. I'm also very optimistic.

<< Home